Thursday, August 4, 2011

Visions of Organizing Dancing Through My Head

I fell asleep last night while I was looking through an IKEA catalog. I just adore the fact that they focus on small spaces. Hello! My whole condo is a small space!! But I am completely unoriginal, so when I step away from the catalog and look at my condo, I have no idea how to make what they offer work for us. It's sad, really. Do you think they have consultants who can come offer me decorative storage solutions? Especially in my kitchen OF DOOM. In a perfect world, I could tear out our ugly fluorescent light in the kitchen, install track lighting, put up a back splash and some sort of magnetic spice organization like this one. I would also love a magnetic knife strip. Anything to get stuff off my countertops! I also would love to hang a chandelier over our dining room table, but I'm unfortunately not an electrician. Papa is, but at 92 years old, I'm not asking him to install a chandelier. lol

One question for you, my loyal readers. (ha, I think I only have 1...) I have a giant blank space on the wall behind our dining room table. Should I put art there? Or floating shelves like this?

1 comment:

  1. those shelves are super cute! if you had a tasteful art piece it could look good too...I think if you want different you should do the shelves though. Oh and I wish I lived closer because I could help you with organizing your place!

    ReplyDelete