Saturday, February 26, 2011

What a Week!

My new employee started on Monday, and I spent the whole week training her. Working with the compatibles side of the business is definitely not easy. Ordering enough stock from China, knowing who your back-up vendors are when you're running low on stock, deciding what new items we should bring in, taking care of any residual patent issues and/or new patent issues, pulling stock when something just plain doesn't work, doing wire transfers to pay your vendors (weird, they don't ship stuff for free...), fielding technical questions from sales reps who for the most part are dumb as rocks, etc. etc. So I've been working late every night to get my stuff done after I spend the day with her. I think she's going to be awesome, but the learning curve in our department is definitely not easy. I have two and a half more weeks to get her comfortable before I leave for two days, but thankfully she seems to be catching on quickly!

Adam and I got our tax return info, so hopefully in the next couple of weeks we'll have more money to add to the "We really need to get a house by 2012" fund. We still need to finish getting this place ready to sell, but I'm working on not being so lazy at night (I've been sooooo tired by the time I get home from work!!) so I can slowly but surely chip away at organizing and cleaning this place. It really is a nightmare trying to wade through 4+ years' worth of stuff that belongs to a border-line hoarder (Adam) and 2+ years' worth of stuff that belongs to someone who believes clutter is just a fact of life and shoes are a necessity (me). Not to mention the wedding stuff that just got shoved willy-nilly into the basement (fine china, fancy silverware, etc. etc.) And add to that the random things his mother gives us because she's also a border-line hoarder....oh boy. Wish me luck!!

Love and dust bunnies,
Jolene

No comments:

Post a Comment