I've always been a books kind of girl. My mother used to ground my brother from the television and me from books. I hated having to join my family on the couch and watch TV while I was grounded. I would much rather lose myself in a good book. Even when we went on 2 week long road trip vacations out west and out east, I packed a duffel bag full of library books. Once, in Pennsylvania, my mother snapped "Get your head out of that book and look around you! We're in Amish country!" I took my head out of the book...and read road signs instead.
Then, I met my husband. He is a television addict. We have always occupied the couch together - me with my book or nook, him with his TV remote. Slowly but surely, however, he is introducing me to the land of television. American Idol, The Event, Big Love, Boardwalk Empire, Entourage, and now...The Chicago Code. Last night's pilot was epic. Did anyone else watch it?
Love and the boob tube,
Jolene
No comments:
Post a Comment