Friday, February 11, 2011

Endless Winter

Yet another Friday during this seemingly endless winter. For the past Fridays, I have looked forward to getting some dinner and a drink or two, putting on my pjs and then not budging from some form of comfy clothes until Monday. I want to be warm, I want to be cozy, and I don't want to do anything. Whatever, I'm driven by solar power and we haven't seen much of it since...November. Don't judge.

This weekend, however, we have two birthday celebrations! Adam's grandfather turns 91(!!) on Saturday, so we're having a big family get-together. Papa's just the greatest guy. Feisty and full of stories that he loves to tell me every Sunday. Here he is dancing with his daughter Giselda at our wedding in October:



Adam's mom's birthday is the same day, so we're going to brunch with her on Sunday at her fave restaurant.It's also Valentine's Day on Monday. I've been trying to convince Adam for years that V-day is a fake holiday, but he still insists we do something. I think I may request my "gift" to be not having to cook dinner Monday!

All this celebrating means only one thing...severe withdrawals from my yoga pants. (And then severe need to wear them after consuming all that food!)


Love and pugs in party hats,
Jolene

1 comment:

  1. oh you crack me up with your yoga/stretchy pants thing! I got no need to celebrate this weekend...I'm going to be doing laundry forever, UGH!

    ReplyDelete