Sunday, July 3, 2011

3. Happiest memory as a child.

When I was growing up, camping was a huge part of my childhood. So much so that my parents took me camping for the first time when I was one and my brother was three. My mother also loves to tell the story of when my brother and I used to sleep in a separate "pup" tent and she saw a skunk walk past. She just sat silently and hoped beyond all hope one of us wouldn't wake up to use the bathroom.
During the camping extravaganzas, we spent so much time swimming in the lake, riding our bikes at break-neck speeds through the campground, hiking, playing pin-ball at the camp store, and begging quarters to play "rebellious" music on the juke box. We would also buy the gigantic bag of popcorn and go out in one of the pedal boats to feed the ducks...even though no smart duck would come anywhere near us with the ruckus my brother and I made. One day we would rent canoes and canoe down the river, the next we would go to the sand dunes and take a Jeep tour adventure. Of course, in our down time, you could always find me hiding somewhere with my nose stuck in a book. I guess some things never change!

1 comment:

  1. Aww, how cute. And yes things haven't changed. <3

    My post is up now, I decided to sleep in.

    ReplyDelete