Monday, June 20, 2011

On the Mend

Finally went to bed last night with no Vicks and no Nyquil! After the past two and a half weeks, this is a major improvement!
I actually stayed up until about 11 PM reading the third book in The Queen's Thief series by Megan Turner. This series has really kept me on my toes with twist and turns a reader doesn't see coming. Very well written. There's a 4th one that came out at the end of last year - hopefully it wraps everything up! I would hate to have to remember all the nuances of the first 4 while waiting for a 5th!
Adam and I are officially counting down the days until we go to Portsmouth, RI to the cottage we rented for the week. We're going to be drinking on the deck, barbecuing, visiting local vineyards and probably going over to Block Island for a day. Majorly excited about this! I have no idea how my decimated department at work is going to operate without me for the whole week, but I really can't bring myself to care. I have pointed out to them multiple times that I'm the only person who currently can do my job, and it doesn't occur to them that me being out all week could cause some...issues. So, we'll see how that turns out!
Speaking of work - I sent my resume and cover letter out to 7-8 different positions over the weekend. I also posted my resume on Careerbuilder, so keep your fingers crossed for me please! I need a change of scenery...I never used to be such a stressed out, grumpy person! Also, I would just love to see the look on certain people's faces if they knew I was looking for another position. That would be priceless. Yes, I'm vindictive. What of it?
Anywho...speaking of work, I must get ready to go there. Ciao bellas.

No comments:

Post a Comment