Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

Inspired by Lacey to get back over here and write about whatever is going on!
Today is Father's Day, and I am lucky enough to have a fantastic one. My dad and I are very much alike. We don't love crowded places, we love peaceful places out in nature, we love to read, and we both are AMAZING breakfast makers. My dad is a very stand-offish, quiet guy, which led to some issues in the growing-up years. Compound that with my parents' divorce when I was 18, and we definitely had a rough patch.  I'll never forget the day he took me out for dinner and apologized for not being there for me the way he thought he should have been. From a guy who never talks about feelings, this was a very difficult thing. He also sends me the most sentimental, sweet cards for holidays and birthdays. I know he really loves me and misses me now that I've moved to Connecticut.When he was out here in October for the wedding, he even bought a GPS so that someday when I have kids he can drive out here again to be Grandpa to the wee ones. I was absolutely floored! My father, purchasing a piece of technology! He and I rarely, if ever, talk about how important we are to each other. But deep down, we know. I will always be my daddy's little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment