Thursday, May 22, 2014

Friends, Frigidity and First World Problems

I'm big on alliteration lately. It started with my "Bocce ball bitches!" post on Instagram last Sunday and hasn't stopped since. Bear with me. Speaking of Instagram, follow me there! jojobeect

I have come to the conclusion that I need to make some Connecticut friends of my own. I have always been friends with friends of my significant other, but I learned the hard way with my divorce that those friends tend to stay with the significant other. And I end up...rather alone. I'm not an overly social person, but I do like to hang out every now and again. I'm friends with K's friends, but they tend to be very YOUNG friends. Sometimes I want a glass of wine and "adult" talk vs. a beer and planning our summer road trips, y'know? So I decided to join a social book club in Wallingford. The first event I planned to attend was last night - and I didn't go. I convinced myself I didn't feel like being social all evening, and bailed. Behold, an introvert at her finest. I RSVPed yes to a gathering next Wednesday as well, and I will go. I hope. I think.

My office is the typical crappy office - the AC functions at a level of either too warm or too cold. There is no "just right". The past week or so it's been quite warm, so the complainers really revved up their complaining. It reaches such a fevered pitch yesterday, the maintenance guy "fixed" the AC. Now I'm convinced I will never feel my toes again. Goodbye, dear toes. It's been a good run.

My intangible pile of electronic work is piling up this morning, so back to the grind for this girl. 1.75 days until the long weekend! #firstworldproblems


1 comment:

  1. Noooo...you didn't go to the Meetup thing last night. I hope you are able to go next week and don't get too nervous. Sometimes things work out and you might meet some people that could be your friends, although believe me I understand what it's like to be a total introvert looking for friends and looking to do new things.

    Oh and AC issues are commonplace at my job and any office job I've ever had...

    ReplyDelete