Her recipe calls for the usual coffee to water ratio, but adds two tablespoons of spices - cinnamon, nutmeg, or ginger or a combination of the three. The addition of spices won me over.
I brewed mine last night with two tablespoons of cinnamon, and added two tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk this morning. It was heaven in a cup! Unfortunately, none of these blogs warn you how MESSY it is to filter the cold brewed coffee the next morning! I'm sure I can find a more effective solution moving forward -I'll definitely be doing this again!
Notes: The recipe calls for 5 oz of coffee to 2.5 quarts water. I only had a pitcher that held 2 quarts, so I used 4 oz. I don't have a food scale (I hope to rectify that soon!), so I measure out 1 1/4 cups of ground coffee for the 4 oz. I used this chart to help me determine the proper ratio.
Other Note: This makes a coffee concentrate! Dilute it to your taste, otherwise you may be so over-caffeinated you'll feel like the top of your head will vibrate off. I speak from experience.

(credit: www.thugkitchen.com)
No comments:
Post a Comment